The Naming of St Clare's Catholic School
St Clare's Catholic School and St Anthony's Catholic College belong to the St Anthony's Parish. The parish is a Franciscan parish, led by Fr Giles Setter, a Franciscan Friar (Friar is Italian for Brother).
The parish is named in honour of St Anthony who was one of the early followers of St Francis of Assisi (founder of the Franciscan movement) and patron of the environment. Along with St Francis, St Clare is one of the founders of the Franciscan movement which has been part of the Catholic Church's life since the early 13th century.
Franciscan spirituality stresses simplicity, humility, dependence on God, a love for the poor and finding God in others and in the natural world. St Clare's Catholic School therefore follows the Franciscan spirituality, particularly with an environmental focus.
- St Clare of Assisi, pray for us.
- St Francis of Assisi, pray for us
- St Anthony of Padua, pray for us
How our parents can be involved in their child's education
- Regular P&F Association meetings
- Regular School Board Meetings
- Parent volunteers in classrooms
- Parents invited to assemblies, class and whole school activities
- Regular class newsletters
- Weekly school newsletters (also available on-line)
- Online web album and blog
- Ongoing process of consultation to assess community opinions
- Social gatherings